Autohaus Northshore is a boutique independent European car workshop in Sydney’s Northshore offering Skoda car repairs and Skoda servicing.
Skoda was created by two Czech designers at the turn of last century and is now owned by Volkswagon. Skoda cars share the mechanical platform of Volkswagons, using Volkswagon engines, gear boxes, suspension, brakes and electronic components. As a Volkswagon specialist, we have the parts, tools and equipment to service the Skoda range. This gives us the capability to extend our service to Skoda customers.
We are an award-winning, independent European car workshop, offering European quality repairs and servicing to our customers in the Northshore, Northern Districts and Hills District.
We can save you up to 30% on the service and repair of your Skoda, in comparison to dealer prices.
The Skoda service schedules are mechanical and chassis platforms. They work on mileage and time with set criteria; below is a snapshot of the manufacturer’s approach.
The Audi, Volkswagen and Skoda service schedules are the same, as they share the same mechanical and chassis platforms. They work on mileage and time with set criteria; below is a snapshot of the manufacturer’s approach.
Time & Mileage Schedule
- 15,000 km or 1 year (minor service)
- 30,000 km or 2 years (intermediate service)
- 45,000 km or 3 years (minor service)
- 60,000 km or 4 years (first major service)
- 75,000 km or 5 years (minor service)
- 90,000 km or 6 years (intermediate service)
- 105,000 km or 7 years (minor service)
- 120,000 km or 8 years (second major service)
Scope of Work
- Basic service and air filter replacement
- Brake fluid replacement is scheduled every two years.
- Major service. All filters and spark plugs to be replaced as well as a transmission service.
- Major service. Air and cabin filters to be replaced. Platinum-tipped spark plugs are to be replaced, depending on models.
- Major service. Depending on models, this service generally requires all filters and spark plugs to be replaced as well as a transmission service. The key component of this service is the *timing belt replacement, which includes replacement of the timing belt, all pulleys and water pump replacement.
*Timing/toothed belts: There are some variations to this depending on the model. Some later model Volkswagen engines do not have camshaft belts but they have toothed belts for the fuel pump and other auxiliary pumps. These are changed at 120,000km. Engines with timing chains have no set replacement interval.