European cars have always been at the cutting edge of technology, designed to enhance your driving experience, provide better vehicle performance and deliver efficiency. At Autohaus Northshore, we love European cars and their complex interconnected technical systems but we also know only too well the problems which can arise. And when things go wrong, you need someone with the knowledge, training and experience to diagnose and recommend appropriate repairs. So often, experience and training make the difference in diagnosing your car’s problems correctly which leads to your car being off the road for the shortest period of time and your repair being as cost effective as possible.
Here is a current snapshot of the problems we tackle daily.
- Stretched timing chains (Mercedes, BMW, Audi VW Skoda, Mini and Peugeot)
- Worn camshaft variable timing gears. (Mercedes, BMW, Volvo)
- PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) failure. (VW Audi Skoda and Volvo)
- BMW Camshaft Vanos system failures.
- VW Audi Skoda water pump/thermostat leakages.
- VW Audi Skoda 1.4 TSI engine piston failure.
- VW Audi, Volvo Diesel manifold flap runner failure.
- EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) A modern diesel engine headache.
- DPF blockages (Diesel Participant Filter) Any modern diesel.
- VW Audi Skoda DGS clutch, gearshift rod and mechatronic failures.
- Mercedes gearbox electroplate and mechatronic failures.
- Air conditioning/climate control faults.
- BMW engine oil leaks (Especially E46/E90 series four cylinders)
- Mercedes air suspension air bags.
- Mercedes EIS (Electronic ignition switch) faults.
- VW Audi Skoda and Mercedes door lock actuator failures
- BMW window regulator failures
- Mercedes LED headlight and taillight failure.
- Torn, soft knocking suspension bushes (BMW, VW Audi Skoda, Mercedes and Volvo)
- Broken electrical wing in boot and tailgate wiring.
When your car hits problems like these, you want to know you have someone who can deliver the answer, without a dealer’s bill and without an inexperienced mechanic learning at your expense. Please call us to discuss or make an appointment, on: 02 9987 4747 or 02 9987 1522.