Volvo Service Schedule
Volvo use a service indicator on their instrument cluster to inform the driver of when a service is due. It works on mileage and time with set criteria; below is a snapshot of the manufacturer's approach.
Snapshot of the Volvo Service Schedule
Schedule is depending on the model and year of the vehicle
Time & Mileage Schedule
Brake fluid replacement is scheduled every two years.
*Timing/toothed belts: Some late model Volvo engines do not have camshaft belts. Engines with timing chains have no set replacement interval.
- 15,000 km or 12 months
- 30,000 km or 24 months
- 60,000 km or 3-4 years , depending on model
- 90,000 km or 5 years, depending on model
- 120,000 km or 8 years, depending on model
Time & Mileage Schedule
- Basic service
- Basic service and air filter replacement
- Major service. Air, pollen and fuel filters to be replaced and the change of transmission oil. At this time, non-platinum-tipped spark plugs are to be replaced for petrol engines only.
- Major service. Air & cabin filters to be replaced. At this time, platinum-tipped spark plugs are to be replaced for petrol engines only.
- Major service. Depending on models, all filters and spark plugs (non-platinum tipped) to be replaced as well as a transmission service. The key component of this service is the *timing belt replacement, which includes replacement of the timing belt, all pulleys and water pump replacement.
We can provide you with genuine Volvo parts or offer OEM parts (Original Manufacturers Equipment) under warranty, at competitive prices. Unlike dealers, we are not restricted to one supplier, which provides you with flexibility, choice and value for money. All new parts replaced carry a twelve-months/20,000km warranty.
Oils & Fluids
At Autohaus Northshore, we use FUCHS lubricants which comply with the manufacturer's recommendations. Due to the high quality of the FUCHs products, they are often used by leading manufacturers as original equipment.
As part of our Volvo servicing criteria, we use specific diagnostic equipment to reset your service reminder and your vehicle computers. We also check for any electronic faults logged in the computers of your vehicle, evaluate them and report them to you.
Please see our Tech Pages for helpful information and service tips.
By having your car serviced at Autohaus Northshore, you will NOT void your Volvo Statutory Warranty. We can service your car from the first service or any subsequent service, without jeopardizing your Manufacturer's Warranty.
We will make sure that any problem with your car that could potentially be covered by warranty, is brought to your attention and advise you on the best strategy to have it repaired under warranty through the Volvo dealerships.
We offer an End of Warranty inspection for our customers so they may take advantage of any work that could be carried out within the warranty period.
Information provided here is only a summary, there are always variations based on the year and model of your car. The information is based on our experience and shared here to provide the owner with a general understanding of his/her vehicle. Your owner's manual has a comprehensive description of your individual vehicle's requirement.